Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Augusta National - A Beauty Both Simple... and Complicated

View 12th Hole at Augusta National - My first Landscape at Sketchfu

I posted this last year as I got ready to leave for The Masters. The real thing was more beautiful than I ever imagined, but I'm still impressed by the way this landscape came together.

They call it Golden Bell.  The narrow green...  protected by Rae's Creek in front and a cloud of bright pink azaleas behind... is incredibly beautiful.  Ben Hogan Bridge leads to the cloistered corner and adds a mystical element.

It's no surprise that many artists have been inspired by the 12th hole.  However the artist who created the above representation did so in a rather unique way... and it's quite impressive to watch.  See for yourself.

More from this artist
Make your own
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment